Saturday, May 8, 2010

1 Corinthians 13 for Mothers


I read this at my Moms Time Out meeting this week. Many of you/them wanted me to give a copy. What better time than mothers day?

I can't believe that five years ago I learned what true love was. That my heart has continued to gorw since then.

I cherish being a mom.

This speaks volumes of truth to REAL motherhood.

Happy Mothers Day All!!!


If I live in a house of spotless beauty with everything in its place,
but have not love,
I am a housekeeper, ­ not a homemaker.

If I have time for waxing, polishing, and decorative achievements,
but have not love,
my children learn cleanliness, not godliness.

Love leaves the dust in search of a child’s laugh.
Love smiles at the tiny fingerprints on a newly cleaned window.
Love wipes away the tears before it wipes up the spilled milk.
Love picks up the child before it picks up the toys.


Love crawls with the baby, walks with the toddler, and runs with the child,
then stands aside to let the youth walk into adulthood.

Before I became a mother I took glory in my house of perfection.
Now I glory in God’s perfection of my child.

There are a lot of things I as a mother must teach my children,
But the greatest of all is the Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read this at all, first I LOVE you for it! And second, can you please "follow" me? I just like to get a handle on how many are really enjoying my blog at all. When I see followers I have a small estimated idea. Second, I think comments will REALLY help me make this blog what YOU want to see! I LOVE them and will read each and every one very careful! Even if it is just to say HI I read it and I liked/disliked this post.

Thanks for helping me out and taking an interest in my tiny girl colored corner of the world!

Hope you are all good and stop by often!!