Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Rain Rain go away

Come again some other day!!

I am not sure if the worse storm is outside or here in the house.

A 3 year old + a 5 year old - sleep last night + getting up early = A LONG DAY for mommy!!

I want to do fun things with them. I told them if they take their naps good and stay in bed I will bake with them. This is something I would really like to do with them. But alas it isn't going to happen today. They got up. The reason. "I can't yawn."

Ok now that is pushing it. I have heard every medical reason, every biological reason, every toy reason, every monster reason...but I can't yawn, that is a new one!

WHAT on earth do you answer to that? Like the tired mommy I am; there was no sweet answer. There was a loud, "I'm coming up there and we are NOT baking today!"

To hear their little cries breaks my heart, into a million pieces in fact. But what am I supposed to do? If I constantly give in and let them do promised activity A. Then I will never get the result I want. Which is a respectful, sweet, well behaved child. They will always think they can get their way, and that is not the way to parent.

My would be could be nap is now a distant dream....

So alas, I guess instead of thinking of the fun we won't have today, I will think of the fun we can have tomorrow, while daddy is away. And I will focus on the real dream that the CLEAN kitchen will be staying that way for at least one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read this at all, first I LOVE you for it! And second, can you please "follow" me? I just like to get a handle on how many are really enjoying my blog at all. When I see followers I have a small estimated idea. Second, I think comments will REALLY help me make this blog what YOU want to see! I LOVE them and will read each and every one very careful! Even if it is just to say HI I read it and I liked/disliked this post.

Thanks for helping me out and taking an interest in my tiny girl colored corner of the world!

Hope you are all good and stop by often!!