Thursday, December 8, 2011

We had a visitor

She was tiny, has wings, swims in water, wears a purple dress with lots of glitter (has dark hair according to Alia) and puts fun treats under your pillow.

Can you guess who it is?  It's not a tinker bell, or barbie or anyone of the sort, and no I am not seeing things....most of the time.

I read a while back about the neatest idea to really get the magic and wonder of childhood going.

What is the first right of passage for a lil one?  In my limited experience I would say it is the loss of your first tooth!

A few days ago I had a conversation with Alia as she was getting ready for school:

Alia: (in a funny lisp type tone) Mama I need you to pull this tooth out, it keeps flapping in my mouth.
(poor kid, it was laying flat)
Me: Uh, I don't think so, go to school and have Mr. Mark pull it for you (those things give me the heebe jeebes)
Alia (in her best annoyed teenage impression) UGH fine I'll just go do it myself

And so she did, she came out screaming happy shouts.  "I am REALLY a big girl now!"  She thinks she is grown, and she sure looks older to me!


Anyhow, the wonder on her sweet face the next morning was worth a MILLION dollars.

Instead of putting the tooth under the pillow, who thought of that anyhow, they are near impossible to find; you put it in a glass of water next to your bed.

Then when the tooth fairy comes, her dress turns the water its color. Your possibilities are endless!  Alia's first tooth fair wore a purple dress, and then I added some glitter to the water, around the glass and a small trail leading to her pillow.

The pictures really don't do it justice, it was hard so late at night to get a good one

Under her pillow she got a GOLD (I'm rich mama) coin, a pack of trident, and some wisp tooth brush thingies


She saw all that with the trail of glitter and she couldn't stop talking about it.  She had to call her grandma right away, and her papa, and anyone else who would listen about her magical fairy.

So I highly recommend using this fashion for the tooth fairy.  The childhood innocence and wonder attached with it was truly amazing, made this mama smile from ear to ear!


Do you have any tooth fairy, or other such traditions that others may not?  Please share away!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I am not a tooth puller either. I tried once on my oldest and the tooth didn't come out. Not for me!

    I love the water idea with the glitter. We may be done with loose teeth for a little while, but I'll have to try that when we have more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a sweet mom. I think that's a great idea to put some glitters into it. I still prefer the dentist to do the job of pulling out their teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no one pulls there teeth here, except them or they fall out, my hubby and i get the heebe jeebies from teeth1!!

    ReplyDelete

If you read this at all, first I LOVE you for it! And second, can you please "follow" me? I just like to get a handle on how many are really enjoying my blog at all. When I see followers I have a small estimated idea. Second, I think comments will REALLY help me make this blog what YOU want to see! I LOVE them and will read each and every one very careful! Even if it is just to say HI I read it and I liked/disliked this post.

Thanks for helping me out and taking an interest in my tiny girl colored corner of the world!

Hope you are all good and stop by often!!