OK so I have had a lot of people who were surprised that you can freeze puppy chow...
I had made it for my daughters birthday and froze an extra bag for needs when the kids need a snack and I had no warning.. It has worked great!My family has even grown to love it straight out of the freezer! So here is the recipe I used and it lasts, thaws, turns out WONDERFUL. YUM! Make a bag for yourself for the freezer while you are at it :)
You will need:
- 9 cups Chocolate Chex
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (creamy) peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Now to make the stuff
- Put cereal in large bowl.
- Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour over Chex cereal, scoop into a large plastic ziplock freezer bag, sprinkle with powdered sugar and shake well to coat. (I personally put half the mix in, half the powdered sugar, then rest of the mix and rest of the sugar and shake, THEN I actually transfer to another plastic bag, just dump, so it is "cleaner")
- Place plastic bag in freezer to let cool. Keep in freezer until ready to serve, however long that may be :).