What kid, girl or boy, young or old, doesn't love slime?! My girls needed a project to "sell" for school and this one was a HIT! You can totally customaize it how your kiddos want it. You can make it opaque and solid colors, or clear, girly and glittery...my personal favorite. Either way SLIME is a easy way to pass time with the kiddos. It takes no more than 5 mnutes to make and probably cost around 5 cents to make! Go ahead try it! I originally found the recipe here, from where else but the almighty Pinterest...
1 teaspoon borax powder (best found at wal-mart in the laundry isle, its a box)
1 1/2 C water, divided
4 oz (1/2 C) Elmer’s glue, clear or white
1. In a small bowl add borax powder to 1 cup of water and stir to dissolve. Set aside.
2. Pour glue into a mixing bowl and add 1/2 C water. Add a few drops of food coloring until desired color is reached and then stir to mix glue solution until smooth. If you want glitter, I would get the real fine kind and add it now.
3. Pour the borax mixture into the glue mixture and watch the solids start to form. Make sure to let sit 3-5 minutes.
4. Stir for a few moments and then use your hands to gather the mass. The mixture will be very soft and wet. Kind of lumpy but not a firm lump yet.
Keep kneading until it firms up and feels dry. There will be QUITE a bit of water left in the bowl. Empty it, keep kneading and empty again.
5. Store in a ziplock bag or air tight container and the slime will keep indefinitely. If it feels too hard, just wet your hands and touch it again. A few drops does the trick.