Monday, June 4, 2012

Recipe!! These are AWESOME! Healthy Banana Muffins




Ever had a taste for something sweet and yummy but struggle with the battle of overloading on sweets?  I do it ALL the time.  I have a love hate relationship with my food, I LOVE to eat it and I HATE to give it up!!

I have come up with this recipe which is amazing. Which I don't mind saying so myself!  Did I just say that out loud?  Well its yummy, try it!  It is your mix of healthy with a  touch of sweets in it.  Yet it packs a punch with fiber (flax seed and apple peels) and wheat flour (which for your info I have never liked!) so not to worry you can't taste it!


Healthy Banana Muffins

Ingredients:
  1 1/2 C Flour
  1/2 C Wheat Flour
  1 C Sugar
  1 C mashed bananas (aprox 2 bananas)
  1/2 C margarine
  2 eggs
  6 TBSP milk
  2 1/2 Tsp baking powder
  1/2 Tsp baking soda
  1 Tsp ground cinnamon
  1 Tsp Vanilla
  1/2 Tsp nutmeg
  1/2 Tsp salt
  3 TBSP Ground Flaxseed

Optional:
  Chocolate chips 
  Apple Crumble topping (apple skin dried in oven 250 degrees for a few hours, sprinkled with a bit of cinnamon and sugar) butter and sugar (normal crumble topping recipe is fine, just add the apple to it)

Grease muffin pan
1.  In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and flaxseed and set aside.

2.  In separate bowl cream margarine, sugar, and eggs till smooth.  Stir in milk, vanilla, and mashed banana.  Mix well.

3.  Fold flour mix into liquid until well combined.

4.  Put in muffin tin 3/4 full.  Leave as is, or add crumble topping, or I add about 4-6 chocolate chips just to the top.

4.  Bake 350 for 20 minutes

Makes about 2 dozen.  Approx 150 calories for one with choc chips, or crumble.  About 125 calories with out.  Packed full of fiber and protein and vitamins as well!  Great on the go breakfast muffin.

 
So there ya have it!  Super easy, fast, healthy and YUMMY!! 

If you try this recipe, pretty please let me know what you think!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read this at all, first I LOVE you for it! And second, can you please "follow" me? I just like to get a handle on how many are really enjoying my blog at all. When I see followers I have a small estimated idea. Second, I think comments will REALLY help me make this blog what YOU want to see! I LOVE them and will read each and every one very careful! Even if it is just to say HI I read it and I liked/disliked this post.

Thanks for helping me out and taking an interest in my tiny girl colored corner of the world!

Hope you are all good and stop by often!!