Friday, April 15, 2011

Instincts

No humor here today, at least not right now. I am too tired, but I learned a lesson last night.

One that I think I have to relearn every time, so I am assuming you, especially if you are a mom, have to teach yourself over and over as well.

It is you are MOM! You need to trust your instincts! Don't doubt who you are, who God made you to be. So many times we are afraid of what others will think. Even in the wee hours of the night, while holding a screaming baby you wonder, "will they look at me and wonder if this mom just can't handle her baby if she cries"? Sometimes we give into that self doubt and don't follow what our gut tells us.

I almost made that mistake last night. My poor Kbean was screaming, and as I have previously mentioned she has the pitch of an opera singer. So when well past her bed time she was singing this tone, I wondered if she was just being a fussy one year old. Almost listened to my outer voices telling me to just live with it. But I followed my gut/heart and the poor lil thing has ear infections in both ears.

No wonder she was screaming!

Lesson to learn:

God made each and every one of you a mother because he TRUSTED you with HIS children. He believes in you and the abilities He has graced you with. He gave each one of us different "specialties" to take care of our children, and then gave us the perfect children to go with those abilities. Never doubt who you are as a mom. Never doubt your instincts. He gave them to you for a reason. By doubting what you feel is right, you are doubting what He has told you that you are fit to do on this earth. You are doubting His creation. You!

"You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb."
Psalm 139:13

This bible verse includes your instincts!

So take with you the comfort in knowing that you are the BEST possible mom for your child/children and there really is no better mother. Whatever you do, even when you make a mistake, you are precious in His sight, and theirs!!


James 1:5

But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all men generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read this at all, first I LOVE you for it! And second, can you please "follow" me? I just like to get a handle on how many are really enjoying my blog at all. When I see followers I have a small estimated idea. Second, I think comments will REALLY help me make this blog what YOU want to see! I LOVE them and will read each and every one very careful! Even if it is just to say HI I read it and I liked/disliked this post.

Thanks for helping me out and taking an interest in my tiny girl colored corner of the world!

Hope you are all good and stop by often!!