Thursday, May 5, 2011

Gods creation......includes ice.

What do you think of when you think of a piece of ice?

Cold? Wet? Square? Clear? Hard?

Yes ice is all those things. But believe it or not it is so much more. To me at least. It represents all that I am and all that I don't think about or appreciate in myself on a day to day basis. It represents appreciation, and a love, of sorts.

You might be wondering how can such a simple compound mean all that?

Well it is what gave an otherwise rotten day a glimmer of peace.

We were on our way to Alia's concert for school and of course in a rush. I always seem to be in a rush, but that is another story! You know, the kind of rush where it is, "get your shoes on, grab that book, go potty, oh, and GET YOUR SHOES ON!" So we were in need of a pit stop. The kind that provided nourishment. So we went to none other than good ol McDonalds.

I ran in and ordered our food, and while waiting grabbed our beverages. In the process of filling the cups a piece of ice jumped out and landed on the floor (near the wet floor sign). I finished filling the cup I was working on, stepped sideways, picked up the cube and tossed it into the garbage can and went back on with what I was doing.

What happened after that took me off guard, made me sad and warmed my heart all at the same time.

A lady (clearly older/elderly) I think she might have worked there, but then again maybe not, I couldn't tell. She came up to me, showed me where the drink holder was, and then proceeded to look me directly in the eyes. She said with such tender sincerity "Thank you." She went on to explain (I looked a bit confused) "no one ever picks up the ice. That ice that falls, no one does that. Thank you."

There you have it. So simple but so profound.

Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.

Romans 12:9-10

What was sad is that a simple act like that made someones day. This kind of thing should be the normal way we treat Gods creation. But since it isn't, it is also that very thing that is so touching and wonderful. It made me feel good. Feel good to be...well to be me. I was showing Gods love in the simplest form. In the way He created me to. I was living a standard not everyone does and showed a respect that often goes unnoticed.

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.

John 13:34-35


I appreciated the simple reminder. I wished her a wonderful evening and we were on our separate ways.

Then I arrive at school to find my daughters art project. I was floored. I guess God teaches in the small things. Her art, titled "Gods Creation" and she came up with it all on her own! She also drew everything as she saw fit to be "God's Creation". It is stunning. Beautiful. And created by a 5 year old! Reminds me, "faith like a child". We are to love His creation. And I do.



Thank you God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read this at all, first I LOVE you for it! And second, can you please "follow" me? I just like to get a handle on how many are really enjoying my blog at all. When I see followers I have a small estimated idea. Second, I think comments will REALLY help me make this blog what YOU want to see! I LOVE them and will read each and every one very careful! Even if it is just to say HI I read it and I liked/disliked this post.

Thanks for helping me out and taking an interest in my tiny girl colored corner of the world!

Hope you are all good and stop by often!!