Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A love story thats still gloing

Ok so most of you know, bot for those of you that don't, thought you might find it cute to learn just how I met and married my hubby.

It is kind of a cute story. 

We had to travel a thousand miles to meet, and we lived about an hour apart!!  We even figure we were at some same events!

Either which way, we were both in long (3+ year) relationships in 1999.  But we both had decided to take an internship with the World Campus Crusade for Christ headquarters.  (He was actually considering South East Asia but decided FL would be better) soooooo....we went.

And for the first month, besides knowing he was from WI I didn't know much about him, as he had a girlfriend so hardly talked to any females  :)

Then she did me a huge favor and broke up with him (mine broke ours off the week before I left) and that night he asked if he could go swing dancing with us....

And that whole night he was my partner, and my partner only.  Things moved a bit fast from there, as we were inseparable.  However when he asked to date me a week later I said yes, and then thought about it and took it back!  Decided I should pray about it....I did, diligently, and from that I learned that yes God had plans for us.

We had a blast in Orlando and our very first real date was at the, wait get this, the Worlds Largest McDonald's!

 (we went back years later to the same spot for pictures  :))



So many things that summer had me falling in love with him.  So many wonderful qualities.


I also fastly fell in love with his family and became pretty close to them.


Five months later, back at my apartment in River Falls (he in Madison) my best friend whom I lived with kept encouraging me to take a shower.  It was finals week and I wasn't really in the mood.  She hinted that I really needed to because "I didn't want to smell for my classes".  I thought she was off her rocker!

Anyhow, 2am that morning I see this egg head (hehe sorry honey you know that is what I thought, (he had just shaved his head which I hadn't seen before)) and he "breaks into" my room and kneels down and asks me to be his wife.  The only problem was I was so groggy I just asked him what he was doing here and rolled back over to go to sleep.

After a bit of prodding I got the picture.  This sweet man was asking me to marry him!  From then on I couldn't sleep. 

A year and 5 months after meeting Brandon, I married the sweetheart of my life.  In a beautiful sunny, 32 degree, snow and ice, lights twinkling perfect kind of day.


Marriage will never be perfect or easy.  There are times when it isn't all as sunny as young love thinks...but it is worth it.  It is amazing and sweet.  It is a life with someone you choose to be around.  Life to share with a friend, your best friend. 

Life will always be sweeter because he is in it.  I love you Brandon!  Happy Valentines Day!

2 comments:

  1. Marriage does not only end after exchanging vows. I believe it's a continuous process. As they say to keep a relationship strong you should always keep the fire burning. Thanks for sharing your story. That was sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Yes my favorite quote is Love is a DECISION not a feeling!! I truly believe that, it is a commitment that you have to work at and over time it just gets better because you have put that pride and work into it

    ReplyDelete

If you read this at all, first I LOVE you for it! And second, can you please "follow" me? I just like to get a handle on how many are really enjoying my blog at all. When I see followers I have a small estimated idea. Second, I think comments will REALLY help me make this blog what YOU want to see! I LOVE them and will read each and every one very careful! Even if it is just to say HI I read it and I liked/disliked this post.

Thanks for helping me out and taking an interest in my tiny girl colored corner of the world!

Hope you are all good and stop by often!!