Thursday, August 11, 2011

For the love of PAPER...and BINS

Go ahead and say it. I am weird. I know I know.

With all this modern technology that I do absolutely love. There is one flaw with me. I can't seem to totally catch on to it. I am one of those weird people who actually likes....paper!

I have an Ipod, Iphone, Ipad and a new computer. i have tried a million and a half apps for to-do lists and calendars. Note taking galore. Yet I still am waiting to find one that suits me. Yes I am quite complicated. It isn't as simple as it seems. I need the perfect combination of alarms (due to my quite alarming (hahaha no pun intended) ability to forget things, ie write your blog today colleen), "pretty" bells and whistles.

Yes I admit it. My name is Colleen, and I am a gimmick addict. A marketing sucker. The part my hubby finds hilarious? I majored in marketing and that is what I do on the side...advertising/graphical stuff. Yes, you can bet I love it if it is pretty.

Anyhow call me weird but I have a paper monthly calendar, note cards for my grocery lists and to do lists with a neat little case to hold it all, and bins. Tons and tons of BINS.

Over at Diaries of a Grumpy Grateful Mom she wrote this post on hoarding. You should go read sometime, she is so fun! It was quite hilarious. I love reading her posts because she is so real, and sooo like me! :) Anyhow it made me start thinking about my own desire to organize, yet again. I've been slacking on my "Hoardaing Buried Alive" show watching. (my motivation for cleaning)

I went downstairs and surveyed my bin pile, er-uh collection, I mean organizing tools. Yes I collect bins. I love organizing tools. The problem is, I have such GRAND ideas for them I hardly ever seem to fill them. I still buy them though. I really can see the end result right? I really do intend on using them, I promise! I WILL show you picture someday!


See this room? It WILL be empty and organized someday. Now mind you I just moved here a half year ago...so I do have some sort of excuse right? The other part of the excuse? I have not one, not two, but THREE daughters! You try to organize all those clothes. At their ages they grow out of them faster than I can "bin" them!!
Sooooo do you have any of this fancy technological stuff? Do you have an APP that you love and can't live with out? Please do share!! Leave a note below and tell me how you keep yourself organized and on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read this at all, first I LOVE you for it! And second, can you please "follow" me? I just like to get a handle on how many are really enjoying my blog at all. When I see followers I have a small estimated idea. Second, I think comments will REALLY help me make this blog what YOU want to see! I LOVE them and will read each and every one very careful! Even if it is just to say HI I read it and I liked/disliked this post.

Thanks for helping me out and taking an interest in my tiny girl colored corner of the world!

Hope you are all good and stop by often!!